See below for details on the Children's, Teen, and Adult "Read to the Rhythm" programs.
Children's Summer Reading Program
- Earn awards for time spent reading or having books read to you this summer!
- All children are eligible – “read to” ages through grade 6.
- Register at the desk as you enter the Children's Library.
- Read for two hours and earn a cowbell.
- Read three more hours and earn a hand powered flashlight.
- Read four more hours and earn a book.
Teen Summer Reading Program
- Lake Forest residents entering grades 7 through 12 are eligible.
- Register in the Children's Library or at the Adult Reference Desk.
- Read 4 books to earn a $10 gift card to the Lake Forest Book Store and be included in the final prize drawings.
- Fill out a raffle ticket for each book you read or listen to this summer. It’s that easy!
- Every raffle ticket, up to a maximum of 36, will be eligible for the final prize drawings.
- The last day to hand in raffle tickets is Saturday, August 1.
- Grand prize is a $100 gift card to the Lake Forest Book Store.
- 8 runners-up will receive a $20 gift card to one of the following: Einstein Bros Bagels, Ferentino’s Pizzeria, Food Stuffs, Gerhard’s Elegant European Desserts, Jolly Good Fellows, Kiddles Sports Inc., Starbucks Coffee, and Sweet’s Chocolates.
Adult Summer Reading Program
- Come to the Reference Desk to register and pick up a punch card. All Lake Forest residents 19 years of age and older are eligible.
- After you read or listen to a book, get your card punched and fill out a raffle form.
- Prizes, including gift certificates to local stores and restaurants, will be drawn each week.
- Read/listen to four books, complete the punch card and receive a Lake Forest Library gift.
- All who complete a punch card are eligible for the Grand Prize – a Chamber of Commerce gift card.
- Limit – one punch card per patron.
- The Grand Prize drawing will be held in August.
The Summer Reading Programs are funded by Friends of Lake Forest Library.